Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Feast

Every month, Tim Wilson and his wife host a "Feast" at their house for the entire YWAM base. This feast consists of a lot of food, socializing, and sometimes a movie. This is the second one that I have been to and it was quite fun. I love being able to get to know everyone better through food. Many of you know how much I love food, and I strongly believe that God placed such an abundance and variety of food on Earth so we can eat it while enjoying the company of others.

This is Bonner. He is the base cook and praise leader. It was his 20th birthday on the day of the feast and he was quite excited to celebrate with all of us.

This is Carly. She is one of the teacher for the current school that is going on right now. She has been a very interesting character to say the least. I have grown fawn of teasing her of pushing her students too hard. She generally sends the teasing back by telling me that I am only a lowly Mission Builder and that I have no real understanding of the YWAM base. Ahhh... good times.

Meet Sarah. She is probably the nicest person on this base (which reminds me of my lovely Megan back home). She is also really good at Settlers and won her first time ever playing. She is from England and thus talks in a British accent. She loves tea and has strange humor.

Jenna is a student at YWAM and she is a hoot. She lives off base with some other girls and is constantly inviting people over to watch movies and hang out.

Jenna and Thea (tea-uh). I don't know Thea very well since she has been here for about 2 weeks. What I do know is that she is from Denmark and will avoid raw eggs at all costs (don't ask).

Chris, David, and Beau (bow as in bow-tie). Chris is a teacher alongside Carly and is from Germany. He loves deep talks and spending time with people one-on-one. David is helping me a lot in the maintenance department while he waits to take a class that will start in August. Beau is a teacher for one of the classes going to start in August. He will be teaching a Movie/Filming Making class that will cover technique and analysis of films.


Tim Wilson's wife Genevieve and 7-month-old son Ethan. Ethan was dressed up as a bear for the feast.









Proby is another teacher of the Movie/Film Making class coming up. He has been in the maintenance shed a lot lately as he is busy with building shelving for a closet to store all the film equipment. I have gotten to know him through this and our ritual watching of the Simpsons after supper.



No comments:

Post a Comment